The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students. All international students are entitled to apply for University of Sheffield Research Scholarships.
The bursary aims to support talented students who want to enrol in the research degree programme for the academic session 2021/2022 at the University of Sheffield.
Sheffield University is a globally recognized leading research university. It offers courses and programmes in different fields of studies that contribute to officially recognized university degrees, such as bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorates.
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class the UK honours degree or equivalent.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD on 27th September for 2021 entry
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
University or Organization: University of Sheffield
Course Level: Research
Number of Awards: N/A
Access Mode: Online
The award can be taken in the UK
- Each Faculty can offer a range of University of Sheffield Research Scholarships which may include all or some of:
- Fees (UK or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the UKRI rate (full-time rate £15,285 in 2020/21))
- Fees (UK or Overseas) and a half or partial maintenance stipend
- Fees only (UK or Overseas)
- A contribution towards fees and/or maintenance
- Access to Research Support funds for conference and other expenses
- These scholarships fund up to three and a half years full-time or seven years of part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress. Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
Application Process and Deadline
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/department expertise.
For being enlisted in the program, candidates are required to take admission in the research degree coursework at the University.
The application deadline is open 2021.
After receiving your application, the university will create an applicant record for you. When this is ready they’ll send you an email containing your applicant and choice numbers. You should normally receive this email within two working days.